In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
|Data Value||See Data values|
|ID Name||See Data values|
|“||Found in dungeons. Incredibly high TNT resistance||”|
|~ Book of Lore|
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Aerogel requires a pickaxe to be obtained, in which when mined, it will drop itself. If mined without a pickaxe, it will drop nothing and be destroyed. Aerogel can be obtained by pouring Lava in the Aether.
|Zanite and Valkyrie*||0.38|
*Times are from unenchanted tools in seconds, and Zanite with max durability.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Aerogel is resistant to explosions, more so than other blocks, and is resistant as overworld Obsidian.
Crafting ingredient[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Aerogel is an actual material in real life, a solid where 96% of it's molecular components is composed from a gas that has been intensively compressed. It is extremely lightweight (some forms such as graphene aerogels are many times lighter than air), an excellent thermal insulator, and has the lowest bulk density of any known porous solid in history, although is both brittle and soluble. It is nicknamed frozen smoke, solid smoke, solid air, or blue smoke, and feels like expanded polystyrene (styrofoam) to the touch.
- The Book of Lore description is misleading, as Aerogel can no longer be found in Dungeons
Data values[edit | edit source]
Aerogel's data values are:
|Aerogel||aether:aerogel||181 (dec), B5 (hex), 10110101 (bin)|
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to Aerogel block are maintained on the bug tracker. Report issues for Aerogel there.
History[edit | edit source]
- Initial release: Introduced
- Aerogel no longer appears in dungeon chests
- Pouring Lava in the Aether now spawns Aerogel
- 1.04: Lava now turns into Aerogel instead of Obsidian when placed in the Aether