In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Aether Portal (structure)
|This page contains content that is no longer in the mod.|
These features only exist in previous versions of the Aether mod.
|Aether Portal (structure)|
Can generate post-generation
Yes, when the player builds an appropriate frame and activates it with Bucket of Water
An Aether Portal was a special structure that allowed a player to go to the Aether by walking through the blue swirls.
Creation[edit | edit source]
Aether Portals were made by creating a five by four frame out of Glowstone blocks and then pouring a Bucket of Water inside the frame. This activated the portal and created the blue swirls.
Aether Portals were designed to look like the opposite of Nether Portals. Instead of the dark Obsidian block, the frame of an Aether Portal is built using bright Glowstone blocks. Portals were activated by using a Bucket of Water at the bottom of the portal frame, the same way one would use Flint and Steel to activate a Nether Portal.
As of newer versions, Aether Portals could be made before a player entered the Nether as Glowstone can be found easily by hunting Witches at night, or by trading with Villagers. This method wasn't very effective, as Witches are very strong and only have an uncommon chance of dropping Glowstone Dust. You needed four Glowstone Dust to make one Glowstone block. Trading with Villagers is effective, but you would have needed several Emeralds to get enough Glowstone to build a portal. You needed ten Glowstone blocks to build a portal without edges. You needed fourteen Glowstone blocks to build a full Aether portal.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Prerequisites||Actual requirements (if different)|
|Hostile Paradise||Ascend to the Aether through a glowstone portal||None||Enter an Aether Portal and then travel to the Aether.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Aether Portals would spawn whenever a player falls out of the Aether too far away from a existing portal. Since the player would die from the fall damage, the portal that was spawned from that is most of help.
- One single Aether block is six Overworld blocks in distance traveled.
History[edit | edit source]
- Initial release: Introduced
- 188.8.131.52: Aether Portals no longer generate in the Overworld when a player falls off of the Aether
- 1.6.4-3.41: Fixed an issue where Aether Portal teleport sounds would play globally for all players on a server
- 1.7.10-1.3 Fixed Aether Portal generation
- 1.7.10-1.5: Disabled Aether Portals in the Nether
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A bug where a portal generated in a Gold Dungeon in the Aether I