In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
|“||Found in Holystone. Makes Ambrosium Torches and is the fuel of the Altar. Can enchant grass.||”|
|~ Book of Lore|
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Ambrosium Shards are acquired by mining Ambrosium Ore, the most common ore in the Aether. You can also get Ambrosium Shards from using Holystone tools. A Holystone Pickaxe, for example, has a chance to give you Ambrosium when you mine with it. Its rarity is comparable to coal in the Overworld.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Due to Ambrosium Shard being used as fuel for all Altar recipes, no Altar recipes will be shown here. Please refer to the Altar article for more information.
Ambrosium Shards can be used as fuel for the Altar, which can enchant, for example, Darts into Enchanted Darts, Gravitite Ore into Enchanted Gravitite or Holystone into Healing Stones. Ambrosium Shards also have the ability to enchant Aether Grass into Enchanted Aether Grass, giving it a yellow colored hue and doubling all crop harvests on the grass block. It is also used to craft Ambrosium Torches, which are used for lighting.
Crafting ingredients[edit | edit source]
|Ambrosium Torch||Ambrosium_Shard#Aether_I +
Achievements[edit | edit source]
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Prerequisites||Actual requirements (if different)|
|Enlightenment||Obtain your first piece of Ambrosium||First Ones Double||Pickup an Ambrosium Shard|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is beneficial to mine Ambrosium Ore blocks with a Skyroot Pickaxe, as it is possible to receive up to three shards from a single ore.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Greek mythology, ambrosia was known as the food of the gods and provided them immortality. It was also known as the nectar of the gods.
Data values[edit | edit source]
Ambrosium Shard's data values are:
|Ambrosium Shard||aether:AmbrosiumShard||17266 (dec), 4372 (hex), 100001101110010 (bin)|
History[edit | edit source]
- Initial release: Introduced
- Now used to craft Healing Stones
- Ambrosium Shards now only heal half a heart
- 1.03: No longer heals health or replenishes hunger
- 1.04: Can now be used to enchant Aether Grass into Enchanted Aether Grass